Monday, March 21, 2011

seeing a concert.... again

I love music, like everyone else, Im a big fanboy and watch as many live concerts all the time on youtube, I love seeing how bands change it up live and what not. So last week I saw my new favorite band Salem. A band that is a product of online culture (music was made via emails, clear influences from a wide variety of esoteric subgenres, haunting mixtapes circulating a web before any proper cd) proved to have a very antisocial persona (go on at midnight, not a single word to the audience, no encore). They were great live and lived up to all expectations. A couple days later I was on youtube and searched "Salem Detroit" and what do you know the entire concert (no more than 8 or 9 songs) is up on youtube. I watched and skimmed through for all my favorite parts. Looking out for both Ryan Gosling and my fanboy exuberance (neither was identified) I noticed the lack of presence I felt at the concert. Of course the sound is of a much lower quality and volume I still felt somewhat nostalgic of the time, reminiscing of how songs and the crowd reaction. Its odd, because this is the first time I have ever seen a concert that I have seen in person. It makes me want to watch it more, but at the same time I feel like Im chasing the digital dragon...


my personal fav 'Sick' starts at 6:00

they are great new band who are somewhat responsible for an entire new microgenre of music, two of the members are from way up north michigan and an extremely gross backstory, and when I BOUGHT their PHYSICAL CD at a RECORD STORE I got a free vinyl! Warning it may not be for all...

just to prove:

No comments:

Post a Comment