Saturday, February 19, 2011

Funny Or Die

What I found most interesting about the Funny or Die discussion with Mike & Chris in class was how casual, yet driven they both seemed. Though unnerving at times, it's always nice to know that they feel just as lost as we do sometimes. I felt they really worked to present Hollywood as accessible, while emphasizing the luck that both of them had. It was also interesting to hear how their advertisers play into Funny or Die. I didn't realize that FoD did branded entertainment before the discussion either. Their structure of branded entertainment to fund their main videos, which attract the viewers who then watch the commercials they produced is very smart. I was surprised that they were able to keep everything so in-house, yet still remain profitable. I really wish I could have gone to the other two sessions, and learned more about the company, but even just the classroom discussion was very entertaining and informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment