Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Computer Painting

design, sensu, brush


So I was looking around on stumble upon and came across this link for the Sensu brush. Since I don't really know what the use of an I-pad is besides being an email reader, web browser, super kindle and video game system. I probably wouldn't have owned an i-pad UNTIL NOW.


It combines my childhood love of painting with my love for new technology. In all seriousness, this new invention for the I-pad reminds me of the issues in Sherry Turkle's "Always On" article. Basically this advancement could act as a substitution for the analog painting. Like email has become part of our persona, do you think the Sensu brush could replace an artists desire to actually paint? As of right now, absolutely not. For me I find it more of a novelty, but maybe as our digital serves expand as we advance technology, it could turn into the medium of choice.

Another question I raise is if this brush will make art more accessible to more people. I am sure for the time being, the Sensu brush (plus I-pad) will cost more than painting but in the future, avid painters might choose this option to save money.

I know there are tons of flaws with this brush right now, I mean for starters it is only one size, but I think it might be another example of analog activities being brought into the digital world and in fact changes our relationship with the analog form.

No comments:

Post a Comment