Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Maurice Sendak hates Ebooks


Ebooks: "I hate them. It's like making believe there's another kind of sex. There isn't another kind of sex. There isn't another kind of book! A book is a book is a book."-Maurice Sendak

I used to hate the idea of ebooks until my mom gave me her old kindle. It changed my life. Yes, paper books are amazing-you can draw on them, write in them, cross out things, and underline; but traveling with my kindle and allowing me to read my book, comfortably, in any situation was amazing. Are ebooks the future? Who knows. The main fear shouldn't be that paper books are dying. It's when there are no books in general that we should be afraid. But if in the future we are all reading ebooks, then good for us. At least we are still reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment