Thursday, November 10, 2011

Coolest Cyborgs?

ToplessRobot.com (which should be trusted on site name alone) compiled a list of the eight coolest cyborgs of all time, and I take issue:

8. Raiden, Metal Gear Solid
7. Inspector Gadget, Inspector Gadget
6. Steve Austin, The Six Million Dollar Man
5. Robocop, Robocop
4. Seven of Nine, Star Trek: Voyager
3. Cable, X-Men
2. The Daleks, Doctor Who
1. Darth Vader, Star Wars

So...the Terminator isn't cool, apparently. This is news to me. Inspector Gadget is cool if you're six years old, but come on. And Robocop at #5?! Seriously? DEBATE.

If you want to see their weak justifications, here's the address:

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/06/the_8_coolest_cyborgs.php?utm_source=scribol&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=scribol

5 comments:

  1. Okay, I mostly agree with this list, except for Seven of Nine. Her "coolest"-ness ist entirely about being a hot woman in a unitard, not about her cyborgosity.
    But definitely agree with the Daleks, Inspector Gadget, Cable, Darth Vader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really on board with Raiden being on this list. Nothing was more annoying in Medal Gear Solid 2 than finding out you didn't get to play as Snake for most of the game. He made up for it a bit by becoming a cyborg in Medal Gear Solid 4, but not enough to make him one of the coolest cyborgs ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get through MGS4, though it's still sitting on my shelf. I'm eagerly awaiting Christmas in hopes that I can scrape together enough money to get the HD upgrade set they just released. But I agree, there was so much secrecy around the project that you couldn't tell you were about to get blindsided by a (frankly pretty meh) new character. I remember buying one of the "Zone of the Enders" games only because it came with an MGS2 demo. Smartly, it was the opening ship level which had Solid Snake as the playable character. Marketing gurus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a Dr. Who fan but aren't Daleks robotic? They're like evil versions of R2-D2 and do not seem to have any organic aspects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really surprised Iron Man isn't on there. His wealth, intellect, and cyborg powers should easily put him on the list, especially one that has Inspector Gadget.

    ReplyDelete