Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Origins of the Supervillian

I was bored on the internet and was listening to Glee Clubs online and then I remembered about this little gem. Truly an amazing job from the best singer in the Screen Arts department: Brandon Verdi.


As I was watching this I started to realize the story of Jekyll and Hyde is the original mutation story of an evil villain. I mean, look at the Green Goblin in Spiderman 1.

Like most villain's, Jekyll wants to do good and ends up creating a monster (Hyde).

Not to mention this is one of the best high school musical performances in the history of University of Michigan Undergrads who did theater in high school.

Don't razz Brandon too much because he is super talented.

1 comment:

  1. I actually remember Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde being one of my favorite "classical" books that I read as a kid.

    Geek forever! But seriously, I think that yeah, comic book creators probably went back to this gem for inspiration when crafting their supervillains. Don't think that qualified him as a supervillain himself though. He's got no goals, no real superpowers, etc.

    ReplyDelete