Saturday, December 10, 2011

Zoom Zoom

I could have posted this on many comments, but I decided to make my own post about it.  It is a clip of Sheldon from Big Bang Theory in which he is jacked up on coffee and dressed in his Flash costume.  He runs around pretending he is Flash, also he does not possess Flash's superpowers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o__2xLwkH08

I thought this was interesting especially based on what we were talking about last lecture.  We were talking about superhero satire and what comedies about superheroes can tell us.  Although this may not exactly be satire or a comedy directly towards superheroes, it does tell us that jokes can me made based on the audience knowing what the superhero is capable of, but having an actor fail at attempting to duplicate that superhero.  In the case of Sheldon, it is funny to watch his attempt of warp speed by beating the banana to the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment