Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Screening Suggestion


After trying to think of a superhero or zombie movie that someone had not already named in class, I finally came up with the following three episodes of South Park to view during screening:

The Coon - Season 13 Episode 2
The Coon 2: Hindsight - Season 13 Episode Episode 11
Mysterion Rises - Season 13 Episode 12

In these episodes, various characters of the South Park community transform into their superhero alter egos and fight crime. You can expect the usual absurdities and classic humor of South Park with a superhero plot twist. I thought this would be a nice break from the traditional superhero films such as Superman, The Dark Knight, Watchmen, etc. and give us all a taste of comical iterations of what is believed to be a superhero.

3 comments:

  1. I actually do agree this would be a good change of pace. It also plays off of the stereotypes of superheros that we talk about in class. Mysterion feels that his powers are a curse much like some of the X-Men feel cursed because of their powers. Super is still my top choice but it is still a good suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love Coon and Friends. I think this is appropriate and I am sorry I missed screening, especially if this is what we saw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Coon and Friends would have been a great thing to watch especially how it covers exactly what we were talking about in lecture. They are the perfect representation of the crime fighting and vigilante aspect of superheroes. Another observation is that most of them also follow the cape-wearing stereotype as well.

    ReplyDelete