Friday, December 9, 2011

Snooping

Ok, this doesn't have much to do with cyborgs or superheroes but it is about new media.

Have you ever watched someone use their computer?  One of my favorite in class activities, particularly in lectures, is to snoop on the people around me.  Here are some of my observations:

I was in a class once where a girl was playing WoW while sitting in the front row.

There is a kid in one of my classes who obsessively switches between webpages and applications.  It's like a strobe light of digital imagery.

On Monday there were at least two people in my lecture who were video chatting during class.

I personally am very conscious of what I'm looking at on my computer during class but apparently, I'm the only one with that hang up.

2 comments:

  1. There are always people playing StarCraft2 in the DUDE. Every time I'm looking for a computer there are at least 10 kids playing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very common to see students in class tethered in with their smart phones or computers and you wonder why they even bother showing up to lecture. I would say the most common things that students are doing on their computers during class is Facebook, StumbleUpon, shopping (girls), or e-mail. I'm sure that most people don't really care if people see what they are doing, but I find it hilarious when people are Facebook stalking in front of other people and gossiping. CLASSIC.

    ReplyDelete